Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, a common practitioner in Cheshire, England, and the creator of three books, together with “Statin Nation,” has made it his mission so as to add some stability to the widespread fear-mongering that happens by the hands of the well being care foyer and media.
“In a world the place the reality might be, actually, turned the other way up, how are you going to know what to consider, and who to consider?” he asks. His weblog makes an attempt to “dig down to search out the that means behind the headlines,” and one in all his latest posts centered on COVID-19 and the “unattainable issues” — some may name them lies — which can be being propagated in its title.1
Prime Eight COVID Lies
Kendrick’s put up takes goal at widespread COVID-themed disinformation, highlighting six high inconsistencies. I’ve added two extra as effectively.
1. No Such Factor as Herd Immunity — Besides From Vaccines — Herd immunity happens when sufficient folks purchase immunity to an infectious illness such that it may possibly now not unfold broadly in the neighborhood. When the quantity inclined is low sufficient to stop epidemic development, herd immunity is alleged to have been reached. Previous to the introduction of vaccines, all herd immunity was achieved through publicity to and restoration from an infectious illness.
Ultimately, as vaccination grew to become widespread, the idea of herd immunity advanced to incorporate not solely the naturally acquired immunity that comes from prior sickness but in addition the non permanent vaccine-acquired immunity that may happen after vaccination.
Within the case of COVID-19, nevertheless, we’ve been advised that the concept of pure herd immunity to COVID-19 will not be achievable — and even contemplating that it may very well be is “lethal and harmful.”2 But, a curious factor occurred. When vaccines grew to become accessible, the concept of vaccine-induced herd immunity to COVID-19 grew to become widespread. Based on Kendrick:3
“First, I used to be advised that trying to create herd immunity was not achievable. It could even be extraordinarily harmful and would inevitably end in many tons of of hundreds of extra deaths.
Then the vaccines arrived at fantastical pace and I used to be advised that mass vaccination, by creating herd immunity, can be the issue that might enable us to overcome COVID19 and return to regular life. I’m not completely certain which of these items is unattainable, however one in all them have to be.”
2. Vaccines Induce ‘Stronger and Longer Lasting Immunity’ — In February 2021, The HuffPost reported that the COVID-19 vaccine would “induce stronger and longer lasting immunity” than the immunity induced by pure an infection.4 Nevertheless, an internist with particular pursuits in vaccine-induced diseases, Dr. Meryl Nass, suggests the protection the COVID vaccine provides will be inferior to that acquired through pure an infection:
“Nobody is aware of how lengthy immunity lasts, if actually the vaccines do present some extent of immunity … For each recognized vaccine, the immunity it gives is much less sturdy and long-lasting than the immunity obtained from having had the an infection.
Individuals who have had Covid actually don’t have any enterprise getting vaccinated — they get all the danger and not one of the profit.”
Within the U.S., the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention advises individuals who have beforehand been contaminated with COVID-19 to nonetheless get vaccinated, regardless that trials counsel there’s no benefit in this population. A CDC report additionally incorrectly cited the vaccine’s effectiveness for these beforehand contaminated, prompting one congressman to say they’re “mendacity.”
In a high-profile report issued by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 15 scientists acknowledged that the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine had “constant excessive efficacy” of 92% or extra amongst folks with proof of earlier SARS-CoV-2 an infection.5
However in accordance to Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky, “That sentence is unsuitable. There isn’t any efficacy demonstrated within the Pfizer trial amongst individuals with proof of earlier SARS-CoV-2 infections and really there is not any proof within the Moderna trial both.”6 Kendrick provides:7
“I additionally know that vaccinations can solely ever actually create an attenuated response. Whereas a full-blown an infection triggers a full-blown immune response.
So, I believe it’s fairly near unattainable that vaccination can present better safety than that from getting the precise illness. Which is why I believe it is completely bonkers we are literally vaccinating individuals who have circulating antibodies of their blood.”
3. Common Masks Use Is Important to Cease COVID-19 — It’s been touted that face masks are important to stopping the unfold of COVID-19 and will save 130,000 lives within the U.S. alone.8 However in 2019, the World Well being Group analyzed 10 randomized managed trials and concluded, “there was no proof that facemasks are efficient in decreasing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”9
Just one randomized managed trial has been performed on mask usage and COVID-19 transmission, and it discovered masks didn’t statistically considerably cut back the incidence of an infection.10
“By no means has a trial been subjected to such fast and hostile reporting. Reality-checkers (whoever precisely they is likely to be, or what understanding they’ve of medical analysis) instantly attacked it,” Kendrick famous, including:11
“Sure, we’ve now entered a world when political truth checkers be at liberty to assault and contradict the findings of scientific papers, utilizing such scientific phrases as ‘Principally false’ … Ignoring the modern-day Spanish Inquisition, and their ill-informed criticisms, I’ll merely name this research.
Extra proof that face masks don’t work. Maybe somebody will come together with a research proving that face masks work. To this point … nada. One other unattainable factor.”
4. COVID-19 Demise Statistics — The optimistic reverse transcription polymerase chain response (RT-PCR) tests for COVID-19 are plagued with issues, one in all which is that they aren’t designed for use as diagnostic instruments as they can not distinguish between inactive (noninfectious) viruses and “dwell” or reproductive ones.12
When you have a nonreproductive virus in your physique, you’ll not get sick from it and also you can’t unfold it to others. Additional, many if not most laboratories amplify the RNA collected far too many instances, which leads to wholesome folks testing “optimistic.” These false optimistic exams, in flip, can contribute to the variety of folks dying “with” COVID-19, however not truly dying “of” the illness.
“[W]e have the very unusual idea that any dying inside twenty-eight days of a optimistic COVID19 swab is recorded as a COVID19 dying,” Kendrick stated, explaining:13
“You can have a optimistic swab lengthy after you’ve been contaminated — and recovered. There are just a few bits of virus up your nostril that may be magnified, by way of the wonders of the PCR take a look at, right into a optimistic consequence.
Which signifies that an aged individual, contaminated months in the past, might be admitted to hospital for any purpose by any means. The they will have a optimistic swab — everyone seems to be swabbed. Then they will die, from no matter it was they have been admitted for within the first place. Then, they are going to be recorded as a COVID19 dying.
In fact, that is simply the beginning of unattainable issues on the subject of the quantity of COVID19 deaths. Don’t get me began on PCR cycle numbers, and false positives. We might be right here all day.”
5. The Swedish COVID-19 Response Was a Catastrophe — Sweden dealt with the pandemic in another way than a lot of the globe, and has been chided for its looser restrictions and lack of extreme lockdowns. In October 2020, TIME referred to as the Swedish COVID-19 response a “catastrophe,”14 however Kendrick cites information exhibiting that the dying price in Sweden in 2020 was proper consistent with different years — nothing out of the unusual.15
When Kendrick in contrast the variety of deaths in Sweden in 2012 — one in all their highest dying statistics — to 2020, the distinction between absolute dying price in 2012 and 2020 is 0.012%.
“That’s 120 further deaths per million of the inhabitants, which is 1,224 folks in a inhabitants of 10.2 million. The statistics inform us that twelve thousand folks died from COVID19 in Sweden. Perhaps you may make all that add up. Frankly, I discover it unattainable.”16
6. Lockdowns Have Labored — Obtainable information reveal lockdowns have been utterly ineffective at reducing optimistic take a look at charges, whereas extracting an enormous value when it comes to human struggling and societal well being.
Utilizing information from the Worldometer,17 Kendrick compiled a listing of the international locations with the very best price of COVID-19, primarily based on deaths per million of the inhabitants. Each nation on the listing, which included the U.Ok., Italy, the U.S., Spain, Mexico and others, had “pretty strict” lockdowns.
4 international locations which were criticized for not having strict lockdowns — Sweden, Japan, Belarus and Nicaragua — didn’t make the listing, and have a median dying price of 391 per million. In distinction, the highest 20 “lockdown” international locations have an common dying price of 1,520 per million. Based on Kendrick:18
“But though this proof is on the market, I’m being requested to consider that lockdowns work. At the least the WHO agrees with me on this unattainable factor.
As Dr. David Nabarro, the WHO particular envoy on COVID19 stated, ‘We actually do enchantment to all world leaders, cease utilizing lockdown as your major methodology of management. Lockdowns have only one consequence that you have to by no means ever belittle, and that is making poor folks an terrible lot poorer.’19”
7. Asymptomatic Spreaders Are Driving the Pandemic — The reasoning given for lockdowns, masks and social distancing is to cease the unfold of illness amongst people who find themselves asymptomatic. It’s frequent sense to remain house for those who’re sick and exhibiting signs, however for individuals who really feel wholesome, the establishment of lockdowns to stop asymptomatic unfold is unprecedented.
But, throughout a June 8, 2020, press briefing, Maria Van Kerkhove, the World Well being Group’s technical lead for the COVID-19 pandemic, made it very clear that asymptomatic transmission is very rare, that means a person who exams optimistic however doesn’t exhibit signs is extremely unlikely to transmit dwell virus to others.
A research in Nature Communications additionally discovered “there was no proof of transmission from asymptomatic optimistic individuals to traced shut contacts.”20 Once they additional examined asymptomatic sufferers for antibodies, they found that 190 of the 300, or 63.3%, had truly had a “sizzling” or productive an infection ensuing within the manufacturing of antibodies. Nonetheless, none of their contacts had been contaminated.21
8. The Virus Didn’t Come From a Lab Accident — Regardless of the full absence of a plausible zoonotic origin theory, WHO’s investigative fee, tasked with figuring out the origin of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has formally cleared the Wuhan Institute of Virology and two different biosafety stage 4 laboratories in Wuhan of wrongdoing, saying these labs had nothing to do with the COVID-19 outbreak.22
The WHO investigation was riddled with conflicts of interest from the beginning, and no credible principle for pure zoonotic spillover has been offered thus far. Nevertheless, there are at the very least 4 distinct lab origin theories, together with the serial passage principle, which proposes the virus was created by serial passaging by way of an animal host or cell tradition, in addition to proof for genetic manipulation.23
You might be questioning, if there’s a lot proof pointing towards a lab origin, why are main well being authorities and scientists dismissing all of it and insisting SARS-CoV-2 is a pure incidence, mysterious because it is likely to be?
Ought to the COVID-19 pandemic be formally acknowledged as the results of a lab accident, the world is likely to be compelled to take a chilly laborious have a look at gain-of-function research that enables for the creation of those new pathogens. The tip consequence would ideally be the banning of such analysis worldwide, with important monetary repercussions, the ending of prestigious careers in that realm and potential legal prices for these concerned as effectively.
In the face of misinformation and manipulation, what you are able to do now could be preserve your eyes open and your ears tuned to the science, so that you don’t fall sufferer to the pointless panic and concern, or the elevated surveillance and control, that’s being created.